Ask somebody who had kidney stone. Tell him to share his experience. That unbearable pain, coming in waves until the tiny stone passes through urinary plumbing and goes out of the body. Horrifying Pain! Well you don’t need to worry about it. Because Ayurveda has made this problem so simpler. Now before knowing the Ayurveda Treatment, let’s go deep into this Kidney Stone Problem
What are Kidney Stones?
Urine contains many dissolved minerals and salts. When your urine has high levels of these minerals and salts, you can form stones. Kidney stones can start small but can grow larger in size, even filling the inner hollow structures of the kidney. Some stones stay in the kidney, and do not cause any problems. Sometimes, the kidney stone can travel down the ureter, the tube between the kidney and the bladder. If the stone reaches the bladder, it can be passed out of the body in urine. If the stone becomes lodged in the ureter, it blocks the urine flow from that kidney and causes pain.
There are four types of kidney stones:
- Calcium stone: This is the most common type of kidney stone. Calcium that is not used by your bones and muscles goes to your kidneys. Usually, the kidneys will get rid of the extra calcium through the urine. Calcium stones occur when some of the calcium remains in the kidneys and collects over time.
- Struvite stone: A struvite stone is more common in women. It usually forms after a chronicurinary tract infection. These stones are usually made of ammonia.
- Uric acid stone: A uric acid stone forms when there is too much uric acid in the urine. You may be at risk for this type of stone if you eat a high-protein diet or if you’ve received chemotherapy.
- Cystine stone: A cystine stone is not very common. The disease that causes cystine stones to form runs in families and is called cystinuria.
Who is at Risk?
The chance of developing stone increases if you have a family history of kidney stones. The risk also increases as you get older.
Kidney stones are more common in children in developing countries and among Indigenous Australians.
Also Read Antibiotic Side effect And To Avoid Them
Now how we can detect Kidney Stones? Symptoms
You may have kidney stones and not know about it. Most small kidney stones pass via the ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and bladder) into the bladder without causing any problems. However, if you pass a large kidney stone, you will know about it, because you will be in pain, often excruciating pain. Other symptoms of kidney stones are:
- blood in the urine;
- nausea and vomiting;
- an urgent feeling of needing to urinate;
- shivers and fever; and
- passing small stones in the urine
Symptoms in Ayurveda
- Severe pain in umbilicus , median raphe , urinary bladder and inguinal region .
- Obstruction to the flow of urine
- Pain during micturation
- Bleeding during urination
Causes of kidney stones include:
- Not drinking enough fluids every day (dehydration)
- Some medications causing substances to build up in the kidneys
- Following a high-protein, low-fibre diet
- Family history of kidney stones
- Kidney infection, Kidney disease
- Urinary infections
- Having only one kidney working
- Digestive system bypass operations
- The genetic condition hypercalcuria causing extra calcium in the urine
- Overactive parathyroid gland affecting calcium in the body
- Some cancers, chemotherapy treatment for cancer
- Cystinuria, a condition affecting acid in the urine.
- Apathya ahara & Asamshodana : unwholesome diet /diet which is more spicy . suppression of natural urges and continuation of unwholesome food for a longer period
- Apathya sevana :
- Low consumption of water
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Over eating
- Untimely eating
- Excessive non vegetarian food , loss of sleep
- Excessive consumption of salty food , Vidahi foods .
- Prakriti analysis of the patient
- Nidana parivarjana : Avoiding the causes is the main treatment protocol
- BAHYA CHIKITSA : (EXTERNAL TREATMENT)
Snehana: Intake of medicated ghee /oil according to the condition of disease.
Ashmari Bhedana: Medicines which helps to break the stone
Sheetala Upachara: Remedies which are coolant
Mutrala Dravyas: Which will help to flush out the stones?
DO’S AND DON’T’S IN ASHMARI :
|Ushnodaka – Plenty amount of warm water Phalgu (ficus carica)Draksha (Vitis vinifera)Purana shaali (older rice)Narikela (coconut water)Kushmandu (Ashgourd) , Sita (sugar candy)Mudga yusha (green gram soup)Takra (Butter milk)Amalaki (goose berry)||Milk and milk derivatives Vanaspathi Tea/coffeeNon vegetarian foodVegadharana : suppression of natural urges Sushkahara and Rukshara : Dry foodAti vyayama : excessive exercise Kashaya rasa sevanam : excvessive consumption of astringent foods Arkatapa : working in sunshine|
If you are looking Ayurvedic Treatment Chandigarh for Kidney Stone then you can contact us any time.
We start with understanding the aetiology (attribution of the cause) of the disease for prescribing Medicines and Panchkarma, along with that we also help you bring effective changes in your Aahar(diet), your Vyavhar (lifestyle), your Aachar (mental well-being), combining it with Vedanga (Jyotisha, Yoga, Meditation).
At Veddhama, we imbibe the basic principles of Ayurveda by considering each individual and their treatment as unique and treat each disease from all perspective.